With article contributions from Drew Mailen & WIsdom Nwokocha
Accumulate developers are announcing the release of Testnet 6.0, Zakim Bridge, named after the Leonard P. Zakim Bridge, which is located in Boston, Massachusetts. The Zakim Bridge and a connecting tunnel were both designed as part of the Big Dig, which was the largest highway construction project in the United States.
From this point onwards (until further notice), there will be two Testnets to make sure that third-party applications can remain stable. In addition, the DevNet will remain. The mobile application is compatible with the Stable version of the Testnet.
- Testnet Stable is Testnet 4.0
- Testnet Beta is Testnet 6.0
- DevNet is DevNet
The mobile application will point to the Testnet Stable (4.0) endpoint, which will be compatible with the Testnet Stable Branch (Develop Branch – Tag v0.6.0 of the Devnet) in the CLI and Testnet Stable option in the Explorer (https://explorer.accumulatenetwork.io/).
To use new features in Accumulate, connect to the Testnet Beta (6.0) Branch (Develop Branch – Tag v0.8.1-beta) in the CLI and use the Testnet Beta option in the Explorer (https://beta.explorer.accumulatenetwork.io/).
To interact with the Devnet use the Develop branch in the CLI and the Devnet option in the explorer (https://dev.explorer.accumulatenetwork.io/).
To switch from one branch to another in the CLI type git branch and the branch you would like to connect to. Make sure to do a git pull and go build to get the latest updates in the CLI.
- Major Block Implementation – Major Blocks capture the state of the network every 12 hours and will be anchored into other Layer 1 Protocols
- Add Factom Entries to Accumulate Block Validator Network – the capability to move Factom data to our Block Validator Networks has been realized
- Use ACME as a Top-Level Domain for Identities – Going forward, all Identities will end in .acme
- Require approval from all authorities for UpdateKeyPage and UpdateAccountAuth – When executing UpdateKeyPage or UpdateAccountAuth, require approval from all authorities, including disabled authorities. In other words, when executing one of those transactions, ignore the Disabled field of the authority set.
- Tendermint Snapshots – Ability to synchronize nodes to the current state using snapshots
Accumulate 0.7 Release Notes – 06/08/22
Change BurnTokens fee
Tools for testing
Remove data entry version field
Create test data for merkle hashes
Synthetic Transaction Failure Output
Require approve from all authorities for UpdateKeyPage and UpdateAccountAuth
Improve the routing info tool (for debugging)
Allow the first entry to contain data entry on lite data account in cli
Show lite identity info when showing a lite token account (CLI)
Send synthetic transactions separately
Update the BPT to track the ADIs of accounts
Make all transaction IDs routable
Use acme as a TLD for identities
Validate keys used to sign synthetic transactions and anchors
Query BVN blocks for a given DN block
Synchronize global values via anchor transactions
Create a DN data account that defines the set of subnets
Flush pending writes after each transaction
Checktx guard against back door
Add Factom Entries to Accumulate Block Validator Networks
Advanced routing framework
BVN/DN performance study and analysis (1 of 2)
Rounding error for validate threshold computation
Fix devnet deploy
CLI: Querying a lite token account uses the wrong precision for credits
CLI account list gives error
Partially Refund ACME Balance for Failed Add Credit Transaction (Deduct 1 Credits worth of ACME)
API returns wrong chain state hashes
TestMissingSynthTxn is flaky
Account Creation with incorrect Principal e.g. creating an ADI token account referencing an ADI Token Account as the Principal
Current Credit Balance Gets written over by New Credit Amount Added
Keys are generated, but there is an error saying Key Required